Shimps are Jerks. Jerk them back!
Serves: 4 to 6
Prep time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 30 to 45 minutes
Way to grill: direct high heat (450° to 550°F)
Grilling time: 2 to 4 minutes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped yellow onion
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco® sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds extra-large shrimp (16/20 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Foodenate those Bitches
- In a food processor combine the marinade ingredients. If you don’t have an FP, you can use a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Put the shrimp in a large, plastic resealable bag and pour in the marinade.
Press out the air and seal the bag tightly. Shake (jerk) the bag to distribute the
marinade and refrigerate for at least half an hour, but no more than one hour.
- Remove the shrimp from the bag and ditch the marinade. Stick
shrimp onto skewers through both the heads and tails. Grill over high
heat until the shrimp are firm to the touch and just turning opaque in the
center – this takes about 2 to 4 minutes, turning once. Place on a plates and stuff, squeeze a
little lime juice over the shrimp, and serve those jerks warm.