Foodenator has searched Far and Wide to uncover the BEST CHEX MIX RECIPE ever. Yeah, there are alot of people that claim theirs is the best – but this is the actual best, best, best. Its got bacon fat – therefore, it is the best.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1/2 cup butter – aka UNO sticks
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, to taste
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
THE DRY MIX
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts – though honey roasted may be better
- 1 cup busted-ass cashew pieces
- 2 cups small pretzels – any format
- 5 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup Wheat Chex (or not – might be too healthy)
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup cheez-its or other cheesey snack
- Fry up the bacon until it’s nice and crisp.
- Then place the cooked bacon in a container and save for later – it’s the leftover drippings you want, fatty!
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Melt the butter and bacon drippings together in a saucepan, then stir in the seasonings to make a nice, spicey – bacony – buttery goop.
- In a very large bowl or cauldron, combine the mix ingredients.
- Gradually stir in the buttery seasoning mix until the dry mix is evenly coated.
- Spread thinly on cookie sheets and bake for 1 hour, messing it up every 15 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes about 14 cups Chex mix snack.