You are going to be a fat slob and eat everything, we know. But the key here is MODERATION.
Keeping things in moderation is a major key to the Christmas overeating issue. It is easy to say “eat and drink in moderation”, but not quiet so easy to carry out so here are some ideas for moderating what you eat this festive season.
- Use a smaller plate ~ your mind will consider it a full plate regardless of its size!
- Where there are choices, take a little of many things rather than lots of one thing. This ensures you are getting a balanced meal and not overloading on a fatty food.
- For every glass of alcohol or soft drink, have a glass of water. Water fills you up, has no calories or side effects, is cheap and will help wash out the excesses.
- Help clear the table as soon as everyone finished eating rather than sitting and picking at leftovers.
- Make your own mixed drinks with real fruit juice instead of canned drink.
- Don’t be afraid to take things home for later – especially fruit cake as it will keep for ages!
- Only put out some of the available food so people don’t over serve themselves. More can always come out as required.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM FOODENATOR!